CRIME PREVENTION IS EVERYONE’S RESPONSIBILITY
TOWARDS SAFER COMMUNITY
Putrajaya - Crime prevention is the responsibility of everyone. Incorporating simple but effective tips will not only reduce the risk of being a victim of crime but also make a home and community safer. Persatuan Kesejahteraan Rakyat Malaysia (PKRM) was given full support by our IGP Tan Sri Dato' Seri Panglima Abdul Hamid bin Bador to conduct an awareness program with the support of two uniform bodies which is PDRM dan RELA.
The program is set to launch at Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM) by the Criminologist Faculty by conduction a survey, issuing publication, handouts, live awareness programs, commercial advertisements and etc. The PKRM Chairman YH Leftenan Kolonel Honorary Rela Datuk Ranjith said, he has committed with many CSR projects and awareness for the past 20 years in various activities. This includes the responsibility to work with the Unity Department under the Prime Minister Department with several Rukun Tetangga, school and etc.
PKRM also will be publishing a very special own Buletin related to crime awareness which contains at least 100-150 personal tips on how to avoid crime. Besides this, PKRM encourages all the people to always take part and play our responsibility as this is our country and we have to make it safer to stay. We seek full cooperation to take the following actions to be practice and follow:-
* Report suspicious activity to the police. The police need your help in solving the crime.
* Be aware of your surroundings and always be alert. Many crimes could easily be averted if people recognized the early warning signs.
* Target harden your home. Look at it as if you were a criminal. Remove and eliminate opportunities to break in.
* Keep your property clean. It shows ownership and criminals will shy away from it.
* Have a monitored alarm installed.
* Lock your doors. Fifty percent of all car break-ins and the majority of home break-ins are through unlocked doors and windows.
* Keep valuables in your car out of sight. The old adage, out of sight out of mind, applies here.
* Carry only what you need in your purse and wallet.
* Get to know your neighbors and join the community volunteer patrol
* Do not provide any personal information to anyone who contacts you by phone or e-mail.
We strongly advise all our us must be stay alert and please contact the Police if you need any assistant 24/365. To make this event reach the objective and to welcome to collaborate with the corporate sector, PKRM would like to invite anyone either individual, corporate sectors, government agencies and etc to support the organization's effort to conduct the tour event in all states.
To collaborate in this event , you can liaise with Tuan Haji Isma Zaimei b Ishak at 03-8861 7557 or email@example.com or Cik Mastura Binti Umar Baki 03-2164 4999 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more updates and information, please visit www.rakyatmalaysia.org.my.
Volunteers please register via our portal and for any urgent matters please call us at 03-8861 7557 or strictly what’s app at 012-3291273.